Ascent Virginia is a statewide volunteer network made up of people from all over Virginia who seek to create a prosperous commonwealth in every sense of the word.
As a nonprofit social impact venture, Ascent Virginia is focused on fostering a vibrant, world-class clean technology economy in Virginia. With the help of a broad array of stakeholders working together, we hope to transform Virginia into an economic and jobs powerhouse. In doing so, we will complement the commonwealth’s current economic development efforts by:
- Focusing primarily on the clean technology sector, but recognizing that jobs in the clean technology field will create jobs in other sectors as well.
- Building a collaborative effort composed of private and public leaders and experts in every county.
- Emphasizing job creation in rural and inner city communities by creating opportunities across the commonwealth at various skill levels while providing training for those who want to advance.
- Maintaining the necessary organizational infrastructure to serve as a one-stop resource for clean technology businesses interested in locating in Virginia.
- Aggressively recruiting entrepreneurs and businesses from other states and countries to establish operations in Virginia.